Sunday, February 1, 2015

Rewind and Review: January 2015

Hosted by Shae Has Left the Room
My head feels like it's spinning. School started, I've made a trip every weekend (either to home for doctor visits or other places I can do my laundry at), and I've already done one emergency dance party in my dorm room thanks to the the stress of it all. Which reminds me that I need to reread Fangirl (bless you, Rowell) asap after I finish all the pretties I received!

For review:


Purchases: 
  • All Fall Down by Ally Carter (I couldn't NOT buy an Ally Carter book)
  • The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna ($2 hardcover from my local thrift store!) 

Books I read: 5 (but I still have quite a few days to add more to that total)

What I'm reading now/next: Pretty much all the books I just received. 

Bookish (and not-so-bookish) happenings:
  • I started the spring semester at college and it is CRAZY. Lots of relative classes to my major, but I'm still only semi-used to everything. 
  • I'm reaffirmed that group projects are horrible. I can work well with others, but when it comes to college students and grades, getting work done is hopeless. 
  • BOOK NEWS: Kody Klepinger is coming out with Lying Out Loud, which sounds like the perfect rom-com. It's a companion to The DUFF and her other novels. *grabby hands*
  • But wait, there's more! You can enter in a giveaway for it along with a movie tie-in edition of The DUFF here
  • I started watching the Harry Potter movies and I'm not sure how to feel. 
How's your 2015 been going so far? And who do you want to win the superbowl?

4 comments:

  1. ALL FALL DOWN! I'm waiting on the library to get it to read it, but I'm looking forward to it a lot! (I mean, it's an Ally Carter book. I obviously want to read it!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things have been super crazy for you Summer! But yes a re-read of Fangirl definitely sounds like something that will help with a stressful situation too. Also how gorgeous is the cover to Hold Me Like a Breath? I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. And The Lost Girl was one book which I loved! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your thoughts on Hold Me Like a Breath! The spring semester always starts off a little crazy, but hopefully it'll wind down and settle into routine soon. Just keep breathing and chugging Mountain Dew until it does. ;)

    I remember having mixed feelings about the Harry Potter movies, too. They didn't really match my impressions from the books, but that's pretty standard for book-to-movie adaptations. You have to give it to the special effects guys, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Hold Me Like A Breath, too! Very excited to read it. And Lion Heart! I'll be binging that series when LH comes out in the spring. :)
    Hopefully things settle down, lady! But have FUN! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete