Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rewind & Review: April 7 - April 20

Hosted by Shae Has Left the Room
Pretty uneventful week regarding books considering that I didn't request any ARCs. I simply haven't had the time, so this recap will be relatively short.

Number of Books I've Read: 3

What I'm Reading Now/Next: 

Previous Blog Posts: 
  • Top Ten Tuesday: 
  • Review: The Hunt by Stacey Kade
  • A Look-Back
  • Top Ten Tuesday: 
  • Wishlist Wednesday #5
  • Review: Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt
*Subject to change

Bookish (and not-so-bookish) Happenings: 
  • I found out I got whitelisted for Harlequin Teen! 
  • I got a part-time job! It's not much, but hey, at least it's something. I'm basically their media guru. 
  • Bad side: I HAD TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM. Now, if you don't follow me on Twitter (which you should fix now), I'll fill you in on why this is a death sentence for me: 1. I hate gross things, 2. This is a male-dominated shop (I'm the only female employee too), 3. THERE WAS A URINAL. The whole bathroom resembled a gas station's restroom. Also, I've continually held my bladder for FOUR HOURS every time I work just so I don't have to go in there. It gives me panic attacks. 
  • But I survived. Barely. A cockroach waited for me afterwards. 
  • Another detail to show you how much this sucked was the conversation before. The guy who was showing me what to clean went to the toilet: "Oh." Me: "What?!" Him: "You don't wanna know." *cries* 
  • The bathroom was the most exciting thing in my week, sadly. Besides the awful ACTs. 
  • I made cookies? 

What's been happening with all of you? Any gross work stories? 

Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had that horrible experience in the bathroom. The good news... you made it through it!! Good job! I think I would have a panic attack over that too. *cringes* I hope you enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I barely survived, it was a nightmare! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your job! I want to hear more about it - media guru sounds like a great part-time position. The bathroom story sounds TERRIBLE, though, and for me, the cockroach would have been even worse. I hope you have recovered by now! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! I need to reply to your email asap.

      Delete