Sunday, December 8, 2013

End of the Year 2013 Reading Cram Read-a-thon!


End of Year 2013 Read-a-Thon #ReadingCram is hosted by Jenny from Juliababyjen's Reading Room and Dana from Dana Square and will run from the 9th of December (today!) to the 22nd of December.

Why should you participate? 

1. To chisel off some of your TBR pile. 
2. Do all the fun challenges and win some prizes. 
3. Encourage others to read like a speed demon (and yourself) + reading with others is loads of fun. 

 So let's get in our last books of 2013 together in the #ReadingCram!

Embarassingly, most some of these books are ones I've been saying all year that I'll be reading. I posted about them in the summertime, in the spring, every season. But now I have this challenge to really push me. I already completed 3 books these past couple of days so I won't add those. 


 And if I can actually achieve the above titles, I'll dig into Edelweiss.


There are other Edelweiss copies that I won't download until the last possible second because I really think I would like them better as an actual book in my hands. I'm still wary about ebooks, but they're so tempting.

My goals: If I really wanted to complete my goal, it would be to finish every one of these. But life gets in the way so I would like to finish at least four books, which means that if I finish a trilogy, that's three right there. A mini-challenge may be fun, but that's secondary to me.

This is my first read-a-thon or challenge of any sort so hopefully I don't completely fail. If anyone else is dong this read-a-thon (or any reading goal for December), I'd love to hear what your goals are and what books you'll be reading. Did I miss a certain book that is a NECESSITY?

Do you have a December goal? Any personal reading challenges before 2013 ends?

30 comments:

  1. Good luck! I loved Dark Triump, it's one of my faves of the year. Everneath was recommended to me so I am planning on reading it this month. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I haven't read it yet! And I hope you like Everneath!

      Delete
  2. I've to read The God Of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, it's man booker prize winner! I'm on MockingJay right now..(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am terrible at read-a-thons. I always start out with such lofty goals, but life gets in the way and I get *maybe* three books read. I'm not a speed-reader...I like to comprehend what I'm reading, and if I read as fast as I can, I won't. That's not to say I'm a slow reader, but compared to a lot of other people I know, I guess I am. :P I hope you get all of these read, Sunny. I've read all but Scarlet and Code Name Verity, and I can attest that all are awesome reads, worthy of your read-a-thon goals. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been nervous because I don't like commitments and usually when I say I'll do something, I completely fail at it and would've been better off just not trying because that's when I usually DO succeed, oddly enough. But maybe I'll do good with a goal! Thanks, Jen! I'm in the midst of Scarlet and loving it!

      Delete
  4. You have some great books to get through Sunny! I loved Throne of Glass and Code Name Verity, so can't wait to hear your thoughts on both books. I also started Graceling yesterday despite it being the sort of book that I don't normally read. I look forward to seeing your updates on Twitter! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never done a read-a-thon because I feel like I'd be terrible and finish 1 book total. lol I'm such a slow reader. I wish you lots of luck with this! Graceling is amazing! And I'm about halfway through Evertrue but it's going really slow for me. :( Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time, do it with me! We could fail together ;) Aw no. I've heard such great (mostly shocked) things about that one!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of those books, but they all look good! Good luck, and I hope that all of them are AMAZING reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunny. What are you doing. You haven't read Graceling, Throne of Glass, or Dark Triumph yet? :O
    In all seriousness, I hope you meet your goal and enjoy the books in the process :) Can't wait to see some reviews of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in for some good reading, Sunny! I see some faves like Gilt, Throne of Glass, and Graceling. And I still haven't read CNV- eek! Maybe One Day looks so good too. Have fun reaching your reading goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh Sunny you have some awesome picks there! I ADORED CNV and Gilt was great too (but Tarnish was even better... something to look forward to!). Of course Graceling as well. And I've heard nothing but good things about Scarlet and Dark Triumph... those are on my must-read-soon list too! I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so far! I picked some pretty great books, if I do say so myself ;)

      Delete
  10. I haven't red any of the books you chose but they sound like awesome picks! Besides, Code Name Verity has been under my radar for some time now! Can't wait to hear (technically read...) what you think of it! I might buy it next time I buy books :)

    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it and really liked it! The beginning was slow, but it definitely picked up. I hope you get to it soon!

      Delete
  11. I keep hearing code name verity is great but I keep putting off reading it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds fun! I've never done a read-a-thon because I actually tend to enjoy books more when I read them slowly - and this one is at a bad time for me, what with finals and such - but I hope you achieve your goals. Let me know when you finish Code Name Verity and Everbound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far...kinda good. I did great in the beginning, but now in a slump of sorts. And not enough time. Finished Code Name Verity!

      Delete
  13. Graceling, Throne of Glass, and Code Name Verity are all amazing 5 star reads!! Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 out of the 3 you mentioned I've read and they were really good, so you're right!

      Delete
  14. Everbound is an amazing sequel, definitely one of the best I've read! Dark Triumph is also awesome :) Maybe One Day sounds really good, too. I hope you complete all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Scarlet in my pile. I really hope to get to it soon.

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete