Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #10

Hosted by Pen to Paper


Title: Dark Triumph


Publication date: April 2, 2013

Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children

Sybella arrives at the convent’s doorstep half mad with grief and despair. Those that serve Death are only too happy to offer her refuge—but at a price. Naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, the convent views Sybella as one of their most dangerous weapons.

But those assassin’s skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to a life that nearly drove her mad. Her father’s rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother’s love is equally monstrous. And while Sybella is a weapon of justice wrought by the god of Death himself, He must give her a reason to live. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dungeons, will a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for?

This heart-pounding sequel to Grave Mercy serves betrayal, treachery, and danger in equal measure, bringing readers back to fifteenth century Brittany and will keep them on the edge of their seats.

Why do I want this? Um, you obviously didn't read the synopsis or the first book, Grave Mercy. It's safe to say that I would DIE (along with my sister, Shelver) if I received an ARC of this. I would even die if I got a finished copy a month after its release. If I got any sliver of it, I would die. 

So much death, I know, but it's appropriate considering the circumstances. It's about nun assassins serving Death and Sybella is the toughest of them all. 

Robin LaFevers is not only extremely nice to fans (I had a chat with her over Twitter about Mexican food. It was quite nice.), but she's also an amazing writer. Added to that, Shelver told me some information she received from Robin about this book. So yes, I am extremely excited.


What are YOU wishing for this week? 

23 comments:

  1. Interesting synopsis - hope you get to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. I am waiting for this book too, I have a pre-order for it. I LOVED Grave Mercy, glad to hear the author socializes with her fans! I like when they are friendly. Hope you get your hands on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep, I'm still entering giveaways for it :) You gotta tell me how you like it! Thank you and me too. Authors socializing with fans? FTW.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this post! That GIF made me giggle-snort! I loved Grave Mercy and I'm excited for Dark Triumph, too! Hope you get this one soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thank you very much! I hope you do too :)

      Delete
  4. I believe Grave Mercy is on my wishlist c: hope time flies for you

    Lauren
    My Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so with you on this! I saw a couple of people with ARCs of this already, and it's driving me crazy. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, ditto. I think I'm about to reach into the computer screen and virtually threaten them with a stranglehold!

      Delete
  6. This sounds really good! I will be adding it to my TBR pile! Thanks for sharing it. I hope you get it when it comes out!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/wishlist-wednesday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should and read Grave Mercy! Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. I just bought Grave Mercy and I can't wait to read it.

    Here's my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, I'm slowly starting to panic! I've heard a million great things about Grave Mercy and wanted to read it for some time now, but haven't. I just made myself a post - it, reminding me to pick that book up until Dark Triumph comes out - and all thanks to your putting it into your WW :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't panic...just read ;) Hope you read it SOON! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. GRAVE MERCY is great book...i like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grave Mercy is in my TBR pile and I can't wait to read it! I also can't wait to read Scarlet by Melissa Meyer because I read Cinder and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Cinder was great :) I hope you read Grave Mercy soon!

      Delete
  11. Wow! I'll add this to my Wishlist too.. I've read the Grave Mercy and loved it. I totally forgot to add the sequel to my list..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, this one is on its way to me and I'm super excited! Loved the first book and it's about time the second one is out. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep, jealous! Can't wait to see how you like it :)

      Delete