Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cover Love #5

Property of Bookshelvers Anonymous
This is a bi-weekly meme where we get to gush about covers we love. Go to Bookshelvers Anonymous to see who else has joined and to see the host's cover! Of course, you can also join by putting your link there.


Title: The Program
Author: Suzanne Young
Expected publication: April 30th, 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse 
ISBN: 1442445807


In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.

Do I really need to say anything? Simple, gives you a good idea, and makes you pay attention. The only thing I have a problem with is the color of the title because on my computer, I can barely see it. 

What cover do YOU love this week? 

Comment below!

11 comments:

  1. This looks like such an intriguing book, and I love how the cover's simple yet attention-grabbing! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my thoughts exactly! Thanks for commenting, Alice :)

      Delete
  2. I also like how simple, clean cut, and stark this cover is-it makes the yellow outfits pop out a lot more. Maybe they should make title darker gray, though, so you could see it more easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I adore the yellow outfits! Thanks for commenting, Emily :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the cover for The Program and I am so excited for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Hope you get to read it soon :)

      Thanks for commenting, Erica!

      Delete
  4. I remember the cover being the first thing that drew me to the book. The plot was just a bonus! I can't wait to read this one! The emotions thing reminds me of Delirium, where love wasn't allowed. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. Ah, yes, I was thinking the same thing about Delirium :)

      Thanks, Alise!

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this one. It sounds really interesting. I agree about the title, they should've made it pop a little more.

    ReplyDelete